THE KLONDIKE SMOKELESS “GOOD AS GOLD” SWEEPSTAKES
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
1. SPONSOR: The “Sponsor” is CN Smokeless Company, LLC (“CN Smokeless”), 790 S. Battleground Avenue, Grover, NC 28073.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Klondike Smokeless “Good as Gold” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to members of the Klondike Smokeless website who are legal residents located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, excluding residents of California, Massachusetts, Michigan and Virginia, and who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Employees of Sponsor, and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and other prize suppliers, directors, officers, and each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win. Void where prohibited by law.
3. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 a.m. EDT on July 25, 2022, and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDT on August 31, 2022 (the “Entry Period”).
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, you must log into your member account at https://www.klondikesmokeless.com and access the application hosted by Klondike Smokeless (“Promotion Website”). Follow the instructions available on the Promotion Website and click on the “Enter” button to submit an entry, and you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes (“Entry”).
No Entries will be accepted that do not follow Promotion Website instructions. All Entries must be received within the Entry Period. An entry is “received” when the servers record the entry. Entries must comply with these Official Rules or be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. It is your responsibility to provide accurate contact information to Sponsor. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder associated with the Klondike Smokeless member account that submitted the Entry. If a dispute arises, the potential winner may be required to provide proof of holding the Klondike Smokeless member account. Anyone found to use multiple Klondike Smokeless member accounts to enter will be deemed ineligible. Limit of one (1) Entry per day during the Entry Period (thirty-seven (37) Entries total). Sponsor may run multiple campaigns, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions simultaneously. Entry into one (1) promotion does not constitute entry into any other.
5. ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY: You may also enter the Sweepstakes by emailing Sponsor at email@example.com during the Entry Period, including the name of the Sweepstakes for which you are entering, the Email Address associated with your Klondike Smokeless member account, First Name, Last Name, Home Address (no P.O. Boxes), and Phone Number (including area code) (collectively, “Entry Information”). Thirty-seven (37) Entries per person. Entries that are not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. An emailed entry is “received” when the Sponsor’s servers record the entry information.
6. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIMING: One (1) potential “Winner” will be selected through a random drawing on or about September 7, 2022 from all eligible Entries received in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor has complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules and administration of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s selection of winner will be final. Potential Winner will be notified by e-mail by September 14, 2022. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon sending of a notification message via e-mail. If a potential Winner fails to respond within five (5) days of notification, Sponsor may select another potential Winner.
The potential Winner may be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement (the “Prize Acceptance Release”), and return same within the time period specified at notification before being eligible to receive his or her prize. A potential Winner who provides a P.O. Box may be required to provide an alternative address. Sponsor may disqualify a potential Winner if Sponsor determines that the potential Winner is ineligible under the Official Rules. In such case, the potential Winner will not receive the Prize and Sponsor will have no further obligation to the potential Winner.
7. ODDS: Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received.
8. PRIZES AND VALUES: Sponsor will award one (1) Winner one (1) prize (“Prize”) each: one (1) Personalized Gold-tone Dip Can, with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $125.00. The total ARV of all prizes is $125.00.
Prize is non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined solely by Sponsor and are subject to change. If Prize is unavailable, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may pay Winner the ARV of the Prize, or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES.
10. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, by participating, you grant Sponsor permission to use your name, username, social networking ID, photograph, voice, any other likeness, or comments for publicity purposes, in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: The Official Rules, the Promotion Website, and related content and code are the property of the Sponsor or authorized third parties. You may not copy those materials, including associated trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of Sponsor.
12. RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, distributors, licensors, licensees, representatives, attorneys, prize providers, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”) from any claims, actions, liabilities, costs, expenses, losses, damages or injuries of any kind related to your participation in the Sweepstakes or any use or misuse of any Prize you may receive as part of the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Released Claims”). You agree that the Released Parties: (A) have neither made nor will be responsible for any warranty, express or implied, in connection with the Sweepstakes (including Prizes); (B) and will not be liable for any injury that may be caused by the wrongful act of any other entity, including Promotion Website users, and by any cause whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties. You understand that you may later discover Released Claims or facts that may be different from or in addition to those that you now know or believe to exist, and which, if known, may have materially affected your decision to grant the release contained in this Section 12. Nevertheless, you intend to fully, finally, and forever release all Released Claims that now exist, may exist, or previously existed, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, or suspected or unsuspected, and the release you give herein is and will remain in effect as a complete release. You hereby waive any right or Released Claims that might arise as a result of such different or additional Released Claims or facts.
13. YOUR REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND INDEMNITY: You represent/warrant that you have the capacity to agree to these Official Rules, have read and will follow them. You agree to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from any third party claims arising out of or related to your participation in the Sweepstakes.
14. SUSPENSION / MODIFICATION / TERMINATION: If Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event or cause beyond its control, e.g., events of nature, interference by humans or entities unrelated to Sponsor, acts of government (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated, the Sponsor may select the potential Winner from all eligible Entries received prior to termination.
15. TAMPERING: Sponsor will disqualify any individual that attempts to tamper with or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes and reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and other remedies from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
16. GOVERNING LAW / LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: All issues concerning the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be governed by North Carolina law, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY CLAIMS BY YOU RELATED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE, WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (3) YOU IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO SEEK EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
17. MANDATORY ARBITRATION / NO CLASS RELIEF: To the fullest extent permissible by law, with the exception of disputes pertaining to Sponsor’s intellectual property rights, ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSOR RELATING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE REFERRED TO AND FINALLY RESOLVED THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JAMS UNDER THE JAMS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS WITH NO CLASS RELIEF. This clause shall be construed as a “written agreement to arbitrate” pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act.
18. NAME OF WINNERS / OFFICIAL RULES REQUESTS: To receive the name of the Winners, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: “Sweepstakes Winners List,” CN Smokeless Company, LLC, 790 S. Battleground Avenue, Grover, NC 28073 (Attn: Marketing Director). Please indicate which Sweepstakes Winners List you are requesting (i.e., the name of the Sweepstakes). For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Sweepstakes Official Rules,” CN Smokeless Company, LLC, 790 S. Battleground Avenue, Grover, NC 28073 (Attn: Marketing Director) prior to the end of the Entry Period. Please indicate which Sweepstakes Official Rules you are requesting (i.e., the name of the Sweepstakes). Vermont residents may omit return postage with Official Rules requests.
//End of Official Rules//